Thursday, August 18, 2011

CPS Sketch # 231 - My Favorite Things

Hello!  It's time for another CPS Sketch project.  This week's sponsor is My Favorite Things!  I'm a huge fan of MFT's images and love stamping with them no matter what the project.
Love You

I love the dies that accompany the You Move Me set.  The small images would not be easily trimmed, so the dies are just that perfect.

Here's a quick tip... I wanted to have a mat for my central image.  Since it's a singular die, I placed the die on my colored cardstock and traced the exterior with a pencil.  After carefully trimming with my precision scissors, I had a slightly larger version of my bracket-edged box and a perfect mat.  Voila!

OK... another quick tip... I wanted to connect more than one of the rocket's trail, to make an extra long trail.  Don't hesitate to move your clear stamp around a bit on your acrylic block until you have the shape you want.  I bent it a bit so it would all fit on my white banner on the bottom.

Enough yakking from me...
Thanks for visiting,
lise

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: You Move Me stamp set and dies by My Favorite Things (MFT)
Ink: Black Soot, Barn Door, Stormy Sky and Mustard Seed Distress inks by Ranger
Paper: Solar White by Neenah
Patterned Paper: Cogsmo by Cosmo Cricket
Other: clear embossing powder by Ranger, precision scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment