Monday, February 7, 2011

Outlines Rubber Stamp Challenge # 6


Hello and happy Monday!  I'm really excited about today's challenge for the Outlines Rubber Stamps design team!


This week, we were challenged to make something metallic or with metallic paint.  Here's my project:


Snow:
This snowflake makes a great winter card, as well as Christmas themed projects.

Instead of using ink to stamp my Design 1 (E-172) snowflake, I opted to use the Silver Liquid Metal Acrylic paint.  I used a brush to paint in on my stamp surface and stamped directly on my cardstock.  It's important to note that you'll need a light hand when spreading paint on your image.  I've tried it both ways -- dipping your stamp into paint vs. spreading paint on your stamp with a brush -- and I think the paint brush gives the best results with less "clumping".  I created an entire background of snowflakes and after it dried, I sprayed the background with glimmer mist.  The paint resists the spray and gives a really shiny finish.  I let my paint dry naturally, but you may be able to use a heat gun to speed this up a bit.  Just keep your heat gun far enough away so you don't bubble the paint, instead of drying it.  Nothing like boiling your media to mess up your project!

You can see in this next picture a bit better view of all that glimmer!

One thing to keep in mind with using paint for your stamping medium is to be sure to clean your stamp as soon as you are finished.  If necessary, use a toothbrush (dedicated to stamping folks... not your hubby's - even though he might be a stinker today) to clean all the stamp's nooks and crannies.

I hope you'll stop by and visit the rest of the team for more inspiration:


Bev Gerard
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp - DT Coordinator
Robin Kirkpatrick
Sandy Hulsart
Vicki Garrett


Thanks for stopping by!
lise


p.s. I don't know about you but I'm ready for warmer weather... we're slated to have more snow this week.  The only kind of snowflake I like seeing is the kind I stamp!  Haha!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Design 1 (E-172) by Outlines Rubber Stamps
Ink: N/A
Paper: Solar White by Neenah, Core'dinations
Other: Nestabilities by Spellbinder, Silver Liquid Metal Acrylic Paint by Sargent Art, Caribbean Blue by Tatted Angels Glimmer Mist, Seam Binding by Hug Snug, sanding block, paint brush

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, Lisa! I'm with you on the stamped snowflakes being the best! Your silver paint snowflakes are honestly making me want to get out to the studio & find some snowflake stamps. Cozy up & stay warm!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Lise! Funny you would choose SILVER paint! Beautiful job stamping with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not your hubby's toothbrush??? LOL!
    Great job painting and stamping clean crisp images. I also had to back off with the heat gun before I boiled my paint too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, How clever to use the paint on a stamp, what a wonderful frosty feel to the images. Great job.

    ReplyDelete