Thursday, December 16, 2010

Daydream...

Hello!  It's release day at Shady Tree Studio!  I have another project to share with you that was a ton of fun to create!

Before I forget... I have blog candy up for grabs to celebrate the December 16th release.  You can read more about it HERE.  I'll randomly pick a winner from my followers on Sunday!

Daydream

As soon as I saw the "Groovy Kind of Love" stamp set, I knew I'd need to create this card.  It's meant to look like a piece of ripped notebook paper... the kind of doodle you might have done in school when you should have been paying attention!  I used to draw in all of my notebooks... nothing this amazing, but all my school notebooks had bubble letters, flowers, butterflies.

I stamped the house scene image on lined patterned paper and colored with Prismacolor pencils to mirror a notebook daydream drawing.  A bit of washi and tissue tape and a metal clip round out the embellishments.

Be sure to stop by to see more inspiration from the Shady Tree Studios team:

Michele Hetland
Jennifer Scull


Thanks for visiting!
lise
---------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Groovy Kind of Love stamp set by Shady Tree Studio
Ink: Black Soot Distress ink by Ranger
Paper: Kraft by Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Three Little Birds by Lily Bee
Other: Spiral Notebook edge die by MFT, washi tape, tissue tape by Tim Holtz, clip by Making Memories, Prismacolor pencils

7 comments:

  1. Lisa this is absolutely FABULOUS!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the notebook paper!! It totally rings true to this awesome new set!! Your embellishments are fabulous and I love the color scheme you chose! This card simply ROCKS!

    Crafty Hugs!

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is making me giggle only because we both had the exact same idea with this set! I must say yours looks tons better than mine! love how you used such fun colors and that neat tape! faboo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly love what you've done with this, Lisa!! Really brings back memories for me too ~ you've captured the daydreamy doodling perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card design, I like the notebook paper...and that pink house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever - love the way the colors pop, and I love the notebook page effect that you've created. Merry Christmas, Lise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa,
    Am I daydreaming or is this real?
    Your card is so beautiful, it reminds me of naive art and happy childhood. I love it!
    Dorly Weitzen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! What a super sweet card, Lisa! It's taking me back to carefree summers while hearing that song in my head at the same time. Move over, Winter!

    Have a moxie fab holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete