Thursday, October 28, 2010

CPS # 190 - Taylored Expressions

Hello!  I have another CPS sketch project to share with you today.  This week's sketch sponsor is Taylored Expressions.


Christmas Carol
I had a BLAST creating this project.  I just love penguins.  I can't be sure if it's the way they waddle along, they way they always look happy or the fact that they're just such snazzy dressers... but penguins make me smile!

I stamped the penguins for this card twice... once on cardstock and the second time on my Nestabilities rectangle.  Both were colored and the first set was trimmed out carefully with precision scissors.  Before adhering the penguins over the Nestabilities rectangle, I sponged Tumbled Glass Distress ink over the image to give a lovely glow of color to my little scene.

As an added detail, I filled in a few white spaces with White Enamal Accents (on the hat) and added a bit of Stickles to give a bit of glimmer.


To dye my seam binding, I used a bit of water and Tumbled Glass Distress reinker.  I started with a bit of white seam binding and added to a zip-top bag.  After spritzing with a bit of water and dye ink, I smashed it around a bit and then pulled out to air dry.  When I'm in a bit of a rush, I use my heat gun and scrunch to dry.

I'd love it if you stop by the CPS Sketch blog for more designer inspiration and added details on how you can try your hand at the sketch of the week (you'll be entered to win a Taylored Expressions prize package, if you join the fun).

Thanks for visiting,
lise
-----------------------------------------------------------

Supplies:
Stamps: Penguin Pals by Taylored Expressions
Ink: Tumbled Glass and Black Soot Distress inks by Ranger
Paper: Teal by Bazzill, Natural White by Neenah
Patterned Paper: Jolly by Golly by Cosmo Cricket
Embellishments: Enamel Accents by Ranger, Christmas Red and Diamond Stickles by Ranger, seam binding
Tools: Nestabilities by Spellbinder, precision scissors, sponge
Copic Markers: R20, R22, R24, R27, YR00, YR04, BG10, BG13, E31, E35, W1, 0

No comments:

Post a Comment