Friday, August 27, 2010

Thinking of You

Have you ever been walking out the door to visit someone and realized you needed a card?  And then frantically run back to your supplies to create a card in 10 minutes?  This was just that project!

Thinking of You


This was a card I created for my Aunt Judy. I designed it to go with the small pot of violets I brought to her on Saturday.  Knowing I needed to create this in only minutes, I kept the details simple.  I stamped the leaves on the main panel and colored with Copics.  Then, I stamped and colored the large violet.  Carefully trimming the flower, I adhered to the main panel.  After adding the sentiment, I added the same ink line treatment as a previous project... since I liked the look of it so much... and I was pressed for time.

The lavender paper was run through my Cuttlebug with the woodgrain texture plate.  It was just a simple detail, but I think the texture really adds a bit of something special... just enough so no one would know the card was made in record time.

But, my oh my, what a mess I left behind in my stamping room.  I still need to shovel it out again!

Thanks for visiting,
lise

------------------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Violets and Up, Up & Away by PTI
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento ink by Tsukineko
Paper: White by PTI, Lavender by Bazzill
Other: Nestabilities by Spellbinder, texture plate by PTI
Copics: YG21, YG23, YG25, Y19, Y28, BV000, BV00, BV02, BV04

No comments:

Post a Comment