Monday, August 23, 2010

For Baby

One of my colleagues at work just had a baby.  We had a baby shower for her... in the nick of time!  I created a card and tag for the new mama with her baby theme in mind.  Rhonda and her husband decorated their daughter's room in butterflies.  I think this card fits the bill.

Mother and Baby

Memory Box paper is the central portion of the design... a sheet of vellum has the flutter of butterflies and the sentiment.  A slim nosegay of roses and ribbon balances the design.  And I'm not sure you can tell, but I clipped a small safety pin in the ribbon...

I created a quick tag for the gift with patterned paper scraps.  So super fast and a perfect time-in to the card.  I didn't really capture the shimmer of the gold gift bag, but the pink is so pretty with it.

Thanks for visiting!
lise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento ink by Tsukineko
Paper: Vellum, white
Patterned Paper: Gossamer Memory Box
Other: Seam binding ribbon, roses, scallop punch by EK Success

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lise, the butterflies look fabulous on vellum! Beautiful coordinating gift tag too, lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a big fun your beautiful cards. I am so impressed in the designs and layouts that you use. You are one of the most talented artists I ever know. I wish that you will continue to inspire people like me with your beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete