Friday, April 2, 2010

Quilting with Paper is Moxie Fab!

I was inspired to put together a really fast and fun project when I realized I'd yet to crack into my new Material Girl paper by Cosmo Cricket.  And then (you can hear me singing that part, right?)... and then, I realized my card will also be perfect for inclusion in the Moxie Fab challenge this week - Picking Up the Pieces.  Oh how I love when things work like that!

Cute as a Button!


The paper was all pieced together and sewn to resemble a lovely old, family quilt.


I couldn't resist adding a few sewing details to the project to tie the theme together.

If you'd like the step by step details on how to recreate this project, please stop by the CHF forum for my Paper Quilting technique.

Thanks for visiting!
lise
----------------------------------------------
Stamps:
Sew Special (The Rummage Bin) by Cornish Heritage Farms


Ink:
Walnut Stain Distress ink by Ranger


Cardstock:
Simply Smooth Vanilla cardstock by Cornish Heritage Farms
Yellow and Red by Bazzill


Patterned Paper:
Material Girl by Cosmo Cricket


Other:
Sewing Machine and thread
Pewter Distress paint by Ranger
Non-stick craft mat by Ranger
Chipboard scissors by Maya Road
Stick pins from Joanne's Fabric
crocheted flower (handmade)
Measuring tape twill from Red Lead (Local store but available online)
Copic Markers by Imagination International
Precision Scissors
Nestabilities by Spellbinder
Button by Paper Salon
Clear Embossing Powder by Ranger (optional)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fabulous!! I have the stamps, the paper, the ruler twill, and even the tiny chipboard scissors... I'll have to whip up a set for my quilter Mom! Thanks so much for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa! Thanks so much for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete