Thursday, February 25, 2010

CPS Sketch # 155 - Perfectly Pretty -- Take Two!

I loved the sketch and the fantastic ribbon this week at CPS... so much that I opted to make another project this week.

I've never tried my hand at ribbon roses before.  As soon as I saw all the gorgeous ribbon from Perfectly Pretty (and the length of pale pink satin ribbon in the package), I knew I was going to give it a try.  I twisted and stitched a length of wide satin ribbon (folded in half) to give me a big blossom.

Follow Your Bliss:


Since I didn't want to detract from the simply gorgeous ribbon, I added a simple stamped sentiment and a soft wreath.  I think this card is all about the texture.

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you'll visit again soon,
lise

-------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Ribbon: May Arts ribbons supplied by Perfectly Pretty - Carly Robertson
Stamps: "Follow your bliss" sentiment by Cornish Heritage Farms, Bramble Wreath by Memory Box
Ink: New Sprout Memento ink by Tsukineko, Black Soot Distress ink by Ranger
Paper: White Prismatic and Rose Light by Prism / Bazzill
Tools: Nestabilities by Spellbinder, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder by ProvoCraft, needle and thread, clear embossing powder by Ranger

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is to die for!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,
    I absolutely love your design style! So soft and pretty! This rose is so delicate and soft. I see cards all the time that are very 3 dimensional and I have created some myself and I can't help but wonder how they fit into envelopes. What do you do when you have to put your 3-D cards into envelopes?
    Just wondering??
    If you have time to answer, my e-mail address is ohsocutebylisa@aol.com
    ♥Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete