Monday, December 7, 2009

12 Days of Christmas Tags - Day 2

So... are you in the spirit yet?  I have another set of tags to share.  So without further ado...

Day 2 - Tim Holtz style: Merry Christmas




I tried to follow Tim's tag pretty closely... I think it's a good attempt anyway - you can see his HERE.  It's amazing with all the stuff I have in my stamping supplies and I didn't really have the right image.  Again.  Oh well... And Tim outlined this amazing technique of creating a metal rose.  I didn't have his flowers, so I used this lovely flower from Flourishes I'd been hoarding saving.  When creating these tags, I jotted a few notes and headed upstairs... these really were from memory and my own flair.  It was SO enjoyable to stamp!

Day 2 - the CLASSroom: Flakes


Becky Olsen outlined the most amazing tag called "Dashing Through the Snow", which you can see HERE.  I did a simple and girlie version in rose and brown.  While not a traditional holiay color scheme, I loved the warmth.  My tag is very different from Bek's, but it was clearly inspired by hers.

Thanks for visiting!  I'll have more posts for you this week.  I'm hoping to get them all written and scheduled since this has the makings of a very stressful work week.  I have two days that I'll be starting at 4 am (or earlier) for meetings with India.  Good times.

Thanks!
lise
----------------------------------------------------------
Supplies - Merry Christmas:
Stamps:
-Night Before Christmas by CHF

Ink:
-Aged Mahogany, Pine Needles, and Vintage Photo Distress inks by Ranger
-Jet Black Archival ink by Ranger

Paper:
-Manilla tag

Other:
-Silver flower by Flourishes
-Silver Lining corner by We R Memory Keepers
-Clear embossing powder, opaque white pen, Tim Hotlz ruler and pewter perfect pearls by Ranger
-paint brush
-ribbon by May Arts

Supplies - Flakes:
Stamps:
-Joyeux Noel by CHF
Ink:
-Versmark pad and pen and Moonlight White Brilliance ink by Tsukineko
-Tattered Rose and Vintage Photo Distress inks by Ranger
Paper:
-Manilla tags
Patterned Paper:
-Holiday Collection petite papers by Webster's Pages
Other:
-Grungeboard, clear embossing powder, seafoam white embossing powder by Ranger
-sewing machine
-jewel sticker by Little Yellw Bicycle
-ribbon by May Arts
-lace by Prima Marketing

1 comment:

  1. I'm so itching to join the game of tag but it's just not happening! Yours are looking great - I love the way you used the snowman in silhouette on the first one of Tim's and your take on Bek's with the big snowflake looks fab!

    ReplyDelete