Friday, November 13, 2009

Faux Patina Technique

So... are you in the mood to get messy?  I had ink and little bits of blue-glittery stuff all over me by the time I was done.  But, you can great a great rust effect on cardstock without the need for time and weather.

Rusty Hello


I'm sure there is an official technique (maybe by Ranger) with a slightly different result.  The patina effect on my cardstock is truly an experiment... and one I plan to try again.  I think it might be interesting to see what other tones I might achieve with a custom Distress ink spray.

To see all the details on how to recreate this project, check out the technique on Cornish Heritage Farms Technique Talk forum.

-----------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:


Freesia flower stamp by Cornish Heritage Farms
Cursive Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments) by Cornish Heritage Farms


Ink:


Rich Cocoa Memento ink by Tsukineko
Broken China Distress reinker by Ranger
Cosmic Copper Brilliance ink by Tsukineko


Paper:


Simply Smooth vanilla cardstock by Cornish Heritage Farms
Kraft and Island Mist (Med and Dark) cardstocks by Prism papers


Other:

Blue Patina Perfect Pearls by Ranger
Mini Mister spray bottle by Ranger
Water
Precision Scissors
non-stick mat by Ranger
craft stick (to scoop Perfect Pearls)
Prismacolor pencils (aqua, copper, yellow, green and cream)

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Lisa! How clever of you to come up with a new technique! I'll give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful! What a fabulous technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love the look you've created - your card is beautiful! Thanks for the link to the tutorial - this is definately something I will try out!

    ReplyDelete