Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day

OK... So I was half-way through my post and Blogger spazzed on me. Sorry if you get a goofy post on your Google reader...

I created today in celebration of World Card Making Day! Can you believe it? I just had so much fun!

I have a few things to share... since this is my second time trying to type all this out, I'm sure I'll miss a few things. And I'm scampering off to my parents for a night of fun, food and bonfire.

Scaredy Cat:


This image was from the ever so talented friends of mine - Julia Stainton, Becky Olsen and Lisa Strahl. They have joined creative forces to create their own line of digital images that I couldn't wait to try.  You can find their etsy shop at every thing creative.  They also have a blog called etc. that will have inspiration galore!



Isn't this Halloween card fun?!?  This little guy was printed twice. I carefully trimed around the cat and flocked him. Isn't that fun? Not the flock... I have it EVERYWHERE. It's evil, I tell ya. But, I just love how this black cat looks so fuzzy!  I used my copic airbrush system to give the base image a little glow and voila!  Finis!

Inchie Carolers:




And I also did a quick card with their Carolers image. I trimmed it down to 3" x 4" and glued it to a piece of cardboard (which I saved from the insert of a pack of patterned paper). I cut the image into inchies and adhered to the card base. This came together SO quickly. But, doesn't it look like it took me hours? I love when that happens!

OK... I'd better run!  See you later!
lise

---------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Digital Images:
-Scaredy Cat and Christmas Carolers from everything creative (etsy)

Ink:
-Old Paper Distress ink by Ranger

Paper:
-Kraft by Prism
-Solar White by Neenah
-Black by Prism

Patterned Paper:
-Eerie by Basic Grey
-Holiday Collection Combo by Webster's Pages

Other:
-Bling by Prima Marketing
-felt flower by K & Co.
-Sewing machine
-cardboard
-mono-multi glue
-flock by Stampendous
-twill tape by May Arts
-mini fastener by Tim Holtz
-Copic markers and airbrush system

4 comments:

  1. Ackkk! You are brillant! I just adore what you've done with these Lisa! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous projects Lise!!!
    Love the flocking too, and it is messy but so worth the effort ;o)

    B-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff, love the fuzzy black cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Carolers! What a gorgeous card Lise. Hugs and Kisses. Mona

    ReplyDelete