Monday, May 25, 2009

We Remember...

Happy Memorial Day! It's such a special time to remember and honor those that have bravely served our nation and those that continue to do so.

I feel very blessed to share with you another creation from the We Remember stamp set from Cornish Heritage Farms. The set has so much meaning to me and my family - but I think others can use the images to thank, honor and remember those that serve.

I asked Carolyn Hartwig (heartwig on Splitcoaststampers) if she would like to receive a copy of the stamp set I created - and if she thought she'd be able to use it in her cause. You see... Carolyn has been working diligently since June of 2007 to collect cards to send to those in the millitary in Cananda so that they have something to send home to their families for special occasions - occasions that they are missing by being in other areas of the world protecting our freedom. To read more about Carolyn's work, please see this thread on SCS: Canadian Military Need Our Support. Carolyn has also raised awareness for those that have died while serving in this thread: Cards of Condolence for our Fallen Soldiers.

She graciously accepted and has a card design that I thought I would share here on her behalf.

Bravery Honor Valor:
I just love this design! It's simple lines are perfect. And the top ID tag is popped up on the cardfront for added dimension.

As always, thanks for stopping by!
Lisa

ETA: Something is going on with Blogger and my scheduled posts aren't behaving.  Sorry for the late post.  I suppose it's Happy Memorial WEEK.  LOL!

------------------------------------------
Supplies:

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand, Basic, Black, White
Ink: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand, Basic Black Patterned Paper: Basic Grey Scarlett's Letter
Ribbon: May Arts
Stamp Set: Cornish Heritage Farms We Remember
Accessories: Cloud 9 Design Rain Dots, Foam Dots, Adhesive
Tools: Stampin' Up Distressing Tool, Sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment