Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Ultimate Crafter's Companion - Part 1

I admit it... I'm a gadget junkie.  I see a gadget, I need it.  And be honest, what stamper out there isn't like me?  But, I'd like to think I only get the tools I HAVE to have.

And my post tonight is all about the Ultimate Crafter's Companion.  I received this gem and was blown away!  The vast number of things you can create with just one tool is amazing!

Hello Honey Gift Set:


I started by creating an accordian fold card first and used my all-time favorite patterned paper, Urban Prairie.  It's just so perfect with the Kim Hughes / CHF stamp set The Birds and the Bees stamp set, isn't it?  The card also has the large scallop edge to it, making it a concertina.  The best part of this is the directions for creating this are included with the Ultimage Crafter's Companion.  And depending on how you learn, you can either follow the steps outlined in the pamphlet or the DVD that's included.  I was inspired to create an entire gift set.



And as long as we have confessions going (the first one that I'm a tool junkie), I am completely inept at making envelopes.  I have a minor in math and yet the entire envelope concept eludes me.  The Enveloper template is on the outside of the case, so I used a bit of patterned paper to make a matching slimline envelope... or rather an envelobox, as it's dimensional to hold  larger card.  Guess what??  It works perfectly!  No more brain cramps trying to figure out the necessary dimensions.  I will never struggle with envelope making EVER again.

Because I was on a roll, I flipped through the instruction pamphlet and found the details on making wedge boxes.  SO simple and perfect to personalize a gift.



I have another Ultimate Crafter's Companion post for later this week... I just couldn't stop once the ball started rolling!

Thanks for stopping by,
lise
-------------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-The Birds and the Bees (Kim Hughes Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
-Pitch Black, Aqua and Watermelon Adirondack inks by Ranger

Paper:
-Natural white cardstock by Neenah

Patterned Paper:
-Urban Prairie by Basic Grey

Other:
-The Ultimate Crafter's Companion
-dimensional tape
-Fabric-Tac adhesive by Beacon
-Stapler
-Velvet ribbons, grograin ribbon and cord by May Arts
-Nestabilities by Spellbinder
-Copic Markers

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your creations are fantastic! I hope it's as easy as the instructions show! I checked out the CC site to try to compare the Ultimate and the Enveloper and Top Score, but they really don't show much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best kidney donor websites [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/d.htm]Online Drugstore[/url] olympia medical legislator 2008 bus bellevue http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/y.htm gold and diamond heart pendants http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/control-de-la-natalidad.htm
    las palmas kidney transplant center [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/aciclovir.htm]aciclovir[/url] evista patient information [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/prometrium.htm]raw food diet connecticut[/url]

    ReplyDelete