Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bringing in the New Year - In Style!

It has been ages since I had time to create with all the holiday and family events we had over the last 4-5 weeks.  So, on New Year's Day, I decided to chain myself to my stamping desk and bar the door.

One of my first creations was a desk set for my kitchen.  It's a feeble attempt to be organized.  But I HAVE to try, right?

Granola Desk Set

The first portion of this set is a framed message board.

I stamped the Vintage Ledger Scrapblock™ on Simply Smooth White cardstock.  Next, I added "NOTES" to the top with the Playful Alphabet from the Kim Hughes Collection at CHF.  Finally, I stamped a couple of swirls from the Beautiful set from the Rummage Bin to complete the stamping.

It's all framed with Basic Grey Granola patterned paper - yummy!  And... I added a dry erase marker with a bit of magnet to the back of the frame so I could really leave notes for my family.  Very cool stuff!
The second portion of the set is a Jumbo Clip and a perpetual calendar - both to match.  Neither have any stamping on them, but I love the look of the dark browns and blues together.  Just what my kitchen needed!
Thanks for stopping by!
lise
---------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Notes Message Board:
Stamps:
-Playful Alphabet stamp set (the Kim Hughes Collection) by CHF
-swirl from the Beautiful stamp set (The Rummage Bin) by CHF
-Vintage Ledger Scrapblock by CHF


Ink:
-Pitch Black Adirondack ink by Ranger
-Weathered Wood Distress ink by Ranger


Paper:
-Simply Smooth White by Prism Papers


Patterned Paper:
-Granola by Basic Grey


Other:
-8"x10" frame in black (Target)
-dry erase markers


Jumbo Clip:
Patterned Paper:
-Granola by Basic Grey


Other:
-Mod Podge Adhesive
-Jumbo Photo Clip in Walnut from Kohl's


Perpetual Calendar:
Ink:
-Vintage Photo Distress ink by Ranger - to ink blocks (staining them)


Patterned Paper:
-Granola by Basic Grey


Other:
-Mod Podge Adhesive
-Butter cream acrylic paint from Michael's Crafts
-perpetual wooden calendar from Walnut Hollow

3 comments:

  1. Oooh Lise this is sooo pretty!!! I hope you have some time to just chill out, and create for fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect set Lise, hope it makes you feel more organised (but you have something pretty to look at, even if it doesn't!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Lisa.I love your note board.May you teach me how you did the frame.You really inspire me.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete