Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Holiday Organization

I can't claim to be a perfectly organized person.  I go into every new endeavor with the intention of being organized.  A new school year starts and I purchase extra school supplies, only to forget where I tucked them.  Or keeping track of the family's appointments and schedules, only to forget to fill in the blanks... you know the drill.

Winter Vintage Christmas Journal


I found this notebook at Target and only covered the front.  I sewed the plaid layer and the white lace to the main panel.  I kept the embellishments on this fairly simple since I'll be using this and taking it with me... I didn't want anything that would rip off or damage the cover.

I intend to keep notes on everything this holiday.  Things I'll be noting:
  • Shopping lists (colors, types, part numbers and sizes)
  • Menus
  • Holiday baking (cookies, cakes and candies - what we loved and worked well, so we can repeat)
  • Grocery lists
  • Schedules and Events
  • Card-making (dates to work, supply lists / shopping lists, design ideas)
  • Card list (mailing list, new addresses to note)
  • General checklists - I'm addicted to checklists... make the list and complete tasks!  Nothing better than a completed task. 
How do you keep organized for the holidays?  I'd love to hear.

Thanks for stopping by!
lise

---------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-Winter Vintage Signage (The Rummage Bin) by CHF
-Perfect Plaid and Aged Music Scrapblock (TM) by CHF


Ink:
-Fired Brick Distress ink by Ranger
-Pitch Black and Slate Adirondack dye inks by Ranger


Paper:
-White Prismatic, Simply Smooth White, Blush Red Dark and Cryogen White by Prism


Other:
-snowflake die and embossing folder by Provo Craft
-Copic markers
-White lace by Wrights
-red twine by Martha Stewart
-Vintage Brass hardware by We R Memory Keepers
-sewing machine and thread


Designer Note:
-Thread the red twine through the white lace for contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment