Friday, October 24, 2008

Beacon of Hope

A new set released at Cornish Heritage Farms today called Beacon of Hope.  The sentiments and images are so meaningful to me.

Aren't the sentiments wonderful?  I can't even tell you which is my favorite.  And I can see myself using each one... give a word of encouragment, to console, to thank someone...

Journey:


I created this card with the fall colors in mind.  And I haven't a clue how I landed on the layout.  Just something about the light yellow layer reminded me of the hillside and the trail leading to the door.  I hand drew the lines and trimmed.

The image was stamped with Archival ink and watercolored with Derwent pencils.  I use a waterbrush and pick up the color on the brush from the tip of the pencil.  Another good way to use them is to scribble on a piece of cardstock and use it as a palette, of sorts.

The sentiment "Journey" is for someone that is questioning things in her life right now.  This person is very special to me and I can't imagine what my journey through life would be without her.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing my creative journey,
lise
----------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-Beacon of Hope (Scene It) by CHF


Ink:
-Coffee Archival ink by Ranger


Paper:
-Kraft, Papaya Puree, Iced Yellow by Prism
-Natural White by Neenah


Other:
-Derwent watercolor pencils
-Niji waterbrush
-Nestabilities by Spellbinder
-Dew Drops by the Robin's Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment