Sunday, September 7, 2008

Two Crafts Collide


I spent a hectic week getting my daughter ready for camp.  Her grade school does an outdoor curriculum program for science.  They head to Cuivre River State park for a week of camping, hiking and nature studies.  I'm so excited for her... I had a similar opportunity as a 6th grader at Our Lady of Loretto school at Camp 40 Legends.  It really takes me back!  I still remember everything we did at camp.  It holds a special place in my heart and I'm really excited she has the chance to go too.

So, to prep her, one of the items I tried to find was a shower caddy, where it would hold all her supplies.  She will have timed showers (ROTFLMAO)!  I can just imagine kids lined up for showers and having only 3 minutes... juggling all their things.  And as I shopped, I couldn't find what I had in mind, so I decided to make it myself.

That's where the two crafts collide... stamping and sewing.  I'm not a strong sewer.  I can handle the basics and have always made my own curtains and things.  This was actually a fast and easy project and one I'm sure Rachel will use again in the future.

Shower Bag:

I bought clear plastic sheeting at the fabric store (on the large 54" bolts with the other plastic table-cloth-like materials). I stamped a length of clear sheeting with Cotton White Stazon and the Pin Dot Scrapblock. This was SO easy to cover, since the Scrapblock is 6"!!! Love this

I also stamped on a smaller length - Rachel's name from the Quirky Alphabet and some fun details with Jet Black Stazon.  I colored the images with my Copic Markers from the opposite side.  Copics are perfect for this as they are not water soluble.

After I finished stamping everything, I started sewing.  It's really basic, but will be perfect.
The small section is the pocket in front, perfect for her toothbrush and toothpaste.


The bag is designed to hang in the shower with her and has drain holes in the bottom, which I made with the Crop-o-dile.  And... there will be no mistaking her supplies from her friends.  Perfection.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll have another little project for camp to share tomorrow... fast and simple.
Lisa
--------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-Pin Dot Scrapblock (TM) by CHF
-Quirky Alphabet and MochaChica stamp sets (The Kim Hughes Collection) by CHF


Ink:
-Cotton White and Jet Black Stazon by Tsukineko


Othr:
-Copic markers (used to color the images on the reverse side)
-Bias Tape by Wright's
-Sewing machine and Thread
-Clear plastic sheeting (Joanne's)
-Crop-o-dile by We R Memory Keepers

2 comments:

  1. This is sooooooooooo stinkin' cute! You are a totally rockin' mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project, love this Lise!

    ReplyDelete