Monday, September 22, 2008

CHF Challenge - Paint Dabbers

I was lucky enough to have gone to CHA this last Summer.  It was my first and hopefully not my last experience.  While there, I had a chance to watch Tim Holtz demonstrate how to use the Adirondack Paint Dabbers in his creations.

One of the things I learned while watching the master at work was how he used the Paint Dabber to stamp.  Start by dabbing the paint onto the stamp first (to get the paint flowing onto the surface) and then to wipe with the dabber to evenly coat.  This helps the paint completely cover the surface and maintains the image you are trying to stamp.  Very cool tip!

This week, the CHF team has a challenge to use Paint Dabbers on our project.  The items are the Product Spotlight in the forum and are also on sale for the next two weeks in the store.

Mini Clipboard:


I've opted to follow Tim Holtz tips and "painted" my lily with Snow White Paint Dabber and stamping onto the Scrapblock layer.  To give a bit more prominence to this layer, I sponged over the paper with Weathered Wood Distress Ink.  The paint resisted the ink and really stands out.


For more inspiration, be sure to check out the rest of the team participating:

-Julia
-Kristine
-Kim
-Sherrie
-Joanne

Thanks for stopping by,
Lisa
-------------------------------------
Supplies:
-Modern Lily by CHF
-Everyday Petites (Mona Lisa Moments) by CHF
-Weathered Wood Backgrounder by CHF

Ink:
-Weathered Wood Distress Ink by Ranger

Paper:
-Simply Smooth cardstock by Prism

Patterned Paper:
-Scrapblock layers by CHF

Other:
-Mini chip clipboard by Stampendous
-Snow White Acrylic Adirondack Paint Dabber by Ranger
-sewing machine and thread
-lace by Wright's from Hobby Lobby
-grey velvet ribbon by May Arts
-flowers by Prima Marketing
-Hardware by Tim Holtz
-corner rounder by EK Success

8 comments:

  1. Fun and eclectic-looking little board Lise, love all the details here! The paint resist is a great tip too, must try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Lisa! Love the paint and all your beautiful accents too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great job! I really love all your little embelishments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, Lisa! I wasn't lucky enough to be in Tim's CHA class ... but I so adore the products! I love the way you've used your dabbers ... not to mention the entire creation!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I ****LOVE**** this, the flowers, the hardware....GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your daubered clipboard, Lisa -- great technique!

    ReplyDelete