Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tutorials at CHF - Vintage Vellum

For the last couple of months, I've been creating some tutorials for Cornish Heritage Farms' forum.  One of the things I've been most proud of is the level of education about products and projects available to customers.  And now I'm trying to continue to the legacy...



I thought I'd post some of these projects on my blog and post back to the forum for more details on the "how-to".  And I've been doing this for a bit, so I'll slowly make my way through the list of topics we've covered recently.



Vintage Vellum Technique:



Sisters:




CHF became known for a unique line-art offering with the release of the Thomas Kinkade Series.  The exquisite detail, transformed from vibrantly painted portraits, is like nothing else in the industry.  As a recent release of a similar style was introduced in the Sandra Kuck Series, I created this tutorial to give a simple and effective way of coloring detailed line art images.



Using vellum and copic markers, a soft look can be achieved... and it's simple.



Thanks for stopping by,

lise

--------------------------------------------------------------

Supplies:

Stamps:

-Sisters (The Sandra Kuck Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms

-Spanish Script Backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms

-Script Essential Expressions (The Mona Lisa Moments Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms



Ink:

-Latte and Espresso Adirondack dye inks by Ranger





Paper:

-Classic Crest Solar White by Neenah

-Baby Blue Light cardstock by Prism

-Translucent Vellum by Prism



Other:

-Hardware (Coppered Out) by We R Memory Keepers

-Sewing machine and thread

-Brayer

-Copic Markers

-Tonic Distressing tool

-Dimensional tape

-Heat gun (optional)

3 comments:

  1. WOW Lisa! Can't believe I'm the first to comment. Absolutely beautiful. You're perfect for tutorials and you are so good at explaining and photographing the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa this is STUNNING....I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this every time I see it! The colouring is just gorgeous - delicate and perfect for the image.

    ReplyDelete