Monday, July 21, 2008

CHF Challenge #17 - All that Glitters

Yeah... I love glitter.  Did you know that Cornish Heritage Farm carries 305 different colors / varieties?  No?  Well, neither did I!  Julia Stainton wrote a wonderful review on Barbara Trombley's Art Institute Glitters in the CHF Forums --> HERE.



And it's Monday again!  The girls at CHF are doing a glitterfied challenge.  With most of us just getting home from CHA, we couldn't all get this completed.  So, the challenge for you is to get glittering and let us know when you've created a project.  Here's the thread for our weekly challenges... RIGHT HERE.



So, here's my project this week...



Warm Heart:



I stamped my snowman on my cardstock and added a snowy hill with my Copic BS pigment pen.  After I colored the snowman, I stamped the snowman again and cut out the body, taping it lightly in place over the first image.  I used the Copic airbrush system to add the sky.



Other fun details:

* I stamped the Perfect Plaid Scrapblocks™ on the cardfront.

* The grunge board chipboard was inked with Worn Lipstick Distress ink and then covered with Cosmos glitter mixed with clear embossing powder.  While the ink was wet, I embossed.

* I used an Essential Glue Pad to stamp snowflakes over the snowman and sentiment and added the crystal glitter.

* I used a Sakura Quickie glue pen to add glitter to the snowman's heart and the outline of the hill to give that added glimmer.



Thanks for stopping by!

lise

------------------------------------------------------------------

Supplies:

Stamps:

-Heart Warmers (The Kim Hughes Collection) by CHF

-Perfect Plaid Scrapblock™ by CHF



Ink:

-Worn Lipstick Distress ink by Ranger

-Pitch Black and Shell Pink Adirondack dye ink by Ranger



Paper:

-Cryogen White, Perfect Baby Pink and Perfect Baby Blue Light by Prism



Other:

-Clear embossing powder

-Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in Cosmos and Crystal

-Quickie Glue pen by Sakura

-Essential Glue Pad by Tsukineko

-trims by Making Memories

-Nestabilities dies by Spellbinder

-Copic markers, airbrush system, BS Black pen,

-Swirled Grungeboard heart

2 comments:

  1. This is just darling Lisa! Love the wintery look and the different ways you applied the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute! The sparkly snowflakes stamped over the sentiment are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete