Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Stamping Space

I am really lucky to have a dedicated place in our house to create. Our extra bedroom for years was our catch-all "office" of junk... the place where stuff was thrown when we didn't know where else to put it. I moved in and it's never been the same since. I know all you stampers know what I mean. My embellishments, inks, paper (not to even mention my stamps) have taken over!

I've talked about making this space into something craft focused for over a year. In fact, I'd started the process by building a makeshift desk from an old hollow door and file cabinets (which was a great start!). But, I'd outgrown my table and needed storage.

So, I'd laid out the plans and my grandpa helped me with the building. I'm so lucky to have have him in my life and have always had a soft spot for him... and yes, I know I'm spoiled. Eventhinking of all the work involved has me smiling...

While on a business trip in Europe this February, my husband, mom and dad, grandma and grandpa did a "while you were out" episode on my spare room. They put in a new floor and installed base cabinets. I came home to this SURPRISE!!! And the room is gorgeous!!!

So basically, we put kitchen height base cabinets around the perimeter of the room, creating a U-shape. I had shelves on the wall along one side, which is where I have my paper storage and cutting system.
One length of counter space is my main work surface. I keep my inks and tools at this section.
The wall behind my main desk has my Cuttlebug, sewing machine... and open space to spread out! Space is SO important!


Look past the clutter (since the pictures don't really do this justice)... but it's amazing! I love how wonderful the room is, how creative I feel and how I could spend every waking minute in my room. Perfection!

Thanks for stopping by,

lise

4 comments:

  1. Lisa ~ I love your room!!! I feel the same way about my room...I must take pictures and upload them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clutter? What clutter? I daren't even think about taking pictures of my space but I just knew you'd be a tidy stamper, lol! Cute Tyson the Turtle card too, the flocking looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, your room is awesome!It reminds me of my room that Wayne made for me. I also have cabinets and counter tops. It is so very nice that your family got together to make your stamping room. They all did a beautiful job! Thank you for sharing your pictures. I saw no clutter. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your room, Lisa -- what a wonderful surprise to come home to!!!

    ReplyDelete