Monday, April 7, 2008

CHF Challenge # 2

I love that the CHF team is doing weekly blog challenges. It gets me creating AND blogging!

This week, the focus is on Distress inks. The Distress inks are part of the product spotlight at Cornish Heritage Farms. Julia Stainton has written a wonderful article highlighting why Distress inks are amazing. You can check it out HERE. Keri Sereika wrote a tutorial on how to use the Distress inks to make collage art - one stamp at a time. And being the product spotlight at CHF also means a sale. All the inks in stock can be found HERE at the CHF Store.

Thank You:

My card is fairly simple. I stamped the butterfly (from Asela's January / February Stamp of the Month feature) with Walnut Stain Distress ink. Because Distress inks are slower to dry than other dye inks, you can emboss them... so I did. I sprinkled clear detail embossing powder on the image and heat.

To color, I used my distress ink pads and a watercolor brush. Distress inks are also unique in that their color will not breakdown with water. A good example of this is a black ink turning a purplish color. Distress inks don't do this, which make them ideal for watercoloring.

Dawn Lusk jokes in her post about all the images she used to create her project... I used a TON of the Distress colors!

Stop by the other chicas in this challenge for more Distress inspiration:


Thanks for stopping by,

lise

p.s. Join the challenge! Create a card with Distress inks and leave me a note (or stop by the CHF forum).
-----------------------------------------------
Supplies:
Stamps:
-Delicate Wings and Thanks (SOTM) from Cornish Heritage Farms
-Flourishes from Beautiful (The Rummage Bin) by Cornish Heritage Farms
-Spanish Script Backgrounder by Cornish Heritage Farms

Paper:
-Neenah Classic Cream Cardstock from Ellen Hutson LLC
-Spring Willow Dark Prism cardstock
-Daisy D's Beacon Hill patterned paper

Ink:
-Fired Brick, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, Faded Jeans, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard See, Dusty Concord, and Scattered Straw Distress inks by Ranger

Other:
-clear detail embossing powder by Ranger
-Sunflowers Dew Drops from the Robin's Nest
-corner rounder by EK Success
-Nestabilities by Spellbinder from Ellen Hutson LLC
-paintbrush
-sponge

11 comments:

  1. love the collage Lise! and beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Love the watercolor with the distress inks. They are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and pretty, love your distress ink touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm! Beautiful!!! I didn't know that about watercoloring with Distress inks! Thanks for teaching me something new! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lise...have I told you how much I love your cards? I just adore your style and this card showcases it perfectly. Love all the elements and the colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Lisa, you may have used a ton of Distress colours but they all work well together and with the DP - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this takes my breath away Lis *sigh* it's SO beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful. You do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete