Friday, March 21, 2008

More Decorating!

Here's another project that I've made using Cornish Heritage Farms stamps - specifically Asela Hopkins' latest releases. They are PERFECT for Spring. As soon as I saw the images, I knew I'd try my hand at this! It's something I'll enjoy all season.

Spring Wreath:

I took this picture on my front door... and we actually have sunshine today in St. Louis! Shocking, isn't it??? Spring is finally HERE! Because you can't see the detail from this picture, I've included shots of each "ornament" on the wreath.



I stamped all the images, colored with Copics and then cut out with a corresponding Nestabilities die. Each image is matted on a matching scallop.

I made the six-loop bow with some wire and threaded it through the vines of the wreath. I trimmed the excess from the flower sprigs and entwined it as well (I try not to use a glue gun when putting something like this together because I usually end up with glue glops where I don't want them... and I'm messy!) ;-)

The images are really just like ornaments tied to the vine wreath. I could change them out for other seasons, but the wreath was only $4 at Michael's, so I'll just have to make more!

Blue Bird:

Squirrel:
Butterfly:

Bunny:


Hummingbird:

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Spring!
Lise

--------------------------------------------------------------
Stamps:
- Garden Friends (Asela Hopkin's Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms
- Bird Sampler (Asela Hopkin's Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms
- Small Pleasures (Asela Hopkin's Collection) by Cornish Heritage Farms

Paper:
-Desert Coral Medium (Butterfly), Intense Yellow (Bunny), Nautical Blue Medium (Bird), Frosted Kiwi (Hummingbird), Intese Kiwi (Squirrel) cardstocks by Prism
-Poison Ivory cardstock from CutCardStock.com

Inks:
-Espresso and Latte Adirondack dye inks by Ranger

Tools:
-Eyelet setter by Provo Craft
-Copic markers from Ellen Hutson, LLC
-wire (floral supply) from Michael's

Accessories:

-Liquid applique
-Plaid ribbon by Home & More Classic Collection from Michael's
-Gold Eyelets by Making Memories
-Nestabilities (Oval and Circle - Classic and Scallop dies) by Spellbinders from Ellen Hutson LLC
-Gold Cord by May Arts
-Grape Vine wreath and Flower sprigs from Michael's craft store

Technique:
-sponging

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea and it turned out just beautifully! We have snow here today so a glimpse of spring is very welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!your coloring is gorgeous! Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete