Monday, March 24, 2008

Aren't Babies Wonderful???

I love little ones. I have bigger kids now, but I loved it when they were little. Now I get to enjoy when friends are having little ones!!!

This project was made for a friend of mine who is having a little one (any day now, actually).
The baby's room is is yellow, pale green and I think there are black accents... so, I made this baby frame. My friends don't know if they are having a boy or a girl, so the colors are perfect. I usually prefer to make the frame with the baby's name... but that's yet to be determined. So, I'll swap out the center when the little angel is here.

I used Kitchen Sink's Playful Alphabet for these projects. I like that it's easy to line up clear alphabets and the style is really very versatile. I stamped the letters in light green and colored with brush tip markers (dye based). Very sweet in real life!

The second part of the gift was a mobile. I'd seen the design in PaperCrafts magazine - so the design concept is not mine. {reference: Paper Crafting with Photos, PaperCraft magazine, pg 57, Designer: Wendy Sue Anderson} I just loved the project and thought I'd try my hand at one too. I covered a styrofoam ring with designer paper and adhered ribbons to hang the final mobile. I added ribbon to the ring to hang clips. Attached to each clip is a covered chipboard circle or square, in which I'd stamped the letters - B-A-B-Y and flowers. I loved how it finished!

This is a close up of the clips and chipboard letters. Sorry for the blur. It was swinging!

Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I Love these gifts...what an imagination you have! Love the colors also. I am going to be a grammy in August, so these just really caught my eye :)

    ReplyDelete