Monday, January 28, 2008

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!

Can you believe that Mardi Gras is just around the corner? Easter is on the calendar early this year... and I knew that. I'm just amazed at how fast the year is marching along!

And speaking of marching, have you ever seen a parade in New Orleans? I have. In fact, it was in early May (well after Easter). I was in New Orleans (pre-Katrina) on business and found that traffic was stopped for some reason. It was a parade. Very random... for no other reason than to celebrate a sunny day in Spring. That was a true example of "joie de vivre" - Joy of Life!


Here's a card I created to herald Mardi Gras:


I stamped the new Flourishes Harlequin and Accessories and the Mardi Gras sets. I used the traditional colors of Mardi Gras:

* Purple (for Justice) - Elegant Eggplant

* Gold (for Power) - Summer Sun

* Green (for Faith) - Garden Green

Of course, the phrase "Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler" means Let the Good Times Roll... what else would you expect to say when your leading a parade?

I've been honored to be a Guest Designer for Flourishes since December. The Flourishes Newsletter blog has a spotlight on me today, if you're so inclined to read it.... HERE.

Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Love this card, and love this stamp set, I have to ink mine up

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, joyful card and I love your reasons for picking the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Mardi Gras card! I was down in N.O. (pre Katrina also) the weekend before Fat Tuesday -- Golly Polly that was crazy! I can't imagine having been there for Mardi Gras! I did see a parade thought. Also, that is a very nice feature article that I WAS inclined to go view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Card Lisa. The stamp is perfect for a tribute to the Mardi Gras.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card, Lisa!!! So glad you are with Flourishes as a guest designer and it was fun reading your interveiw!!!

    ReplyDelete