Thursday, January 17, 2008

Football Fun

I couldn't resist sharing this with you. It's a design that I'd sent to Ms. Gina for the January projects she's posted on her Guest Designer site.
Are You Ready For Some Football?
I have to give my mom credit for the idea of a football shaped card. So clever of her, don't you think?!?!? To create the shape, I sketched with a scoring tool the amount I'd need to remove from one corner. I cut this out and used as a template to remove the same amount from the others. I used my son's football as guidance on the stitching and markings. The 'ah-ha' moment for me was using the mesh cuttlebug folder, since it makes the texture of the card match the real deal.

For the inside, I layered the card with a green field, scored the yard lines and used a white gel pen to add the "chalk" and numbers.


Here's a close up of the invite itself. I computer generated the Time, Place, etc. and stamped the other fun stuff on the card. One tidbit that you can see in this angle is the crystal effects on the mug to make it look like glass and the foam of the beer.

Good times!!! I'll post a few of my other creations in the coming days too.

Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa

-----------------------------------

Supplies:

Stamps: My Tailgate or Yours?
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green by Stampin’ Up
Ink: Adirondack Pitch Black by Ranger, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip by Stampin’ Up
Embellishments: White gel pen, Scor-Pal tool, Sewing machine and thread, Liquid appliqué, Crystal Effects by Stampin Up, precision scissors and dye markers by Stampin’ Up, Cuttlebug and mesh embossing folder, Coluzzle for the inside invite.

Notes about the project: OK… isn’t this fun?!?!?! It’s more than what you’d probably do for a stack of invites, but SO much fun! I used my son’s football as a guide. And of course, there is a ton of artistic license in the design.

5 comments:

  1. Great card, Lisa. I enjoyed seeing all your lovely cards over at Gina' site. Congrats on your guest designer pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fantastic, love that football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally awesome Lisa!! I love the football, the inside of the invitation really takes this over the top!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun. I am amazed how great you made something like this look. It's AWESOME!

    The Crafty Goddess

    I would love to add your blog to my blogroll if you wouldn't mind. Please let me know. Thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete