Monday, November 19, 2007

Just Because I Wanna...

I needed a sympathy card. I never like to make sympathy cards for the obvious reason. But, there's strength in something as simple as a card. It's the outreach to a friend, family member or acquaintance... that you are thinking of them in their moment of sadness and loss.

So, while I had my inks and paper out for the JBWW Challenge, I made this quick card.

I used Stampin' Up Classic dye ink in Basic Grey - which is a really wonderful color - like black when stamped off... but richer. OK, not well described, but I think you get the gist. Nice color.

Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa

-------------------------

Supplies:

Stamps: Silhouette Blooms I, Petite Pattern Backgrounder by CHF

Ink: Real Red, Basic Black, and Basic Grey Classic Dye Ink by SU

Paper: White cardstock by Georgia Pacific, Basic Black by SU

Accessories: Ticket Corner punch, 5/8" grosgrain red ribbon, pewter brads

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, love how you stamped the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. The little punch of color is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right - sympathy cardss are always so difficult to feel you've got it right. I think you did a great job with this one - the single flower in a different colour somehow speaks to the fact that the loved one was special.

    ReplyDelete