Friday, November 2, 2007

For SomeBirdy Special

This is another "scrappy" project for me. While I can honestly say it's not my usual style... I like making projects like this. It's a bit liberating!!!

The tag base was made with Autumn Leaves Splendor adhesive mat paper, which I found at Target with the scrapbook supplies. The paper has a fairly heavy feel to it, because it's basically a 4" x 6" sticker. I left the backing on the main tag, but I'm thinking this might be really convenient if I use this on a gift and don't want it to fall off.

I used my trusty Coluzzle and oval template to cut the done on the top. I stamped the pretty little bird, her nest and branch on scrap paper and colored with pencils. I added two other layers (a strip of sentiment and a strip of decorative design) by removing the sticker backing. Worked perfectly!!! After hand-lettering the FoR in a similar handwriting to Ms. Kim Hughes, I added this on top of the other strips. An eyelet and twill tape finishes the tag. Really fast project!

Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa

---------------------------
Supplies:Stamps; Pretty Birds (KH Collection)

Paper: Autumn Leaves Splendor Adhesive Mats (this will be a great way to make a tag and use it... it will stick on the package!!!), Poison Ivory Shimmery cardstock

Ink: Brilliance Coffee Bean Ink and Staedtler Pigment ink pen in brown

Accessories: colored pencils, Making Memories large eyelets and setter, Coluzzle and oval template (for cutting the top of the tag)

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Lisa, I really love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! i think you do 'scrappy' just fine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable -- I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete