Thursday, November 1, 2007

Silhouette Blooms

I have always been a sucker for a flower stamp set. I think I own every one ever made (and that's only a slight dramatization!!!). LOL!

And even with that said, I think this set is one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. Kim Hughes, one of CHF's artists, has extended her collection of stamps to include some amazing flower images... which I was very lucky to be showcasing. I have a project that I'd like to share with you tonight as a little preview of the release next week - Tuesday, November 6th to be exact.

I had already decided on the colors to use when I happened to stumble on the Basic Grey designer paper - Perhaps - that looked custom made for this stamp set. It was PERFECT!!! I created this card quickly by stamping on vellum, heating to dry, and layering on a scallop rectangle.
Note: To create the scallop rectangle, I used my new Nestabilities that I
purchased from Ellen Hutson's store. The link is active HERE. If you're on the fence about purchasing these dies, let me tell you, they are amazing! They are a value, in comparison to punches and are space-saving to boot! I use my Cuttlebug to cut and emboss. If you need a good reference for how to use the Spellbinder's Nestabilities with a die-cutting system, please see this entry of Ellen's blog ---> HOW TO.
I kept the rectangle die on the matte and sponged Butterscotch ink on the edges, going lighter to the center for a spotlight effect.

To pair with this card, I painted a slide mailer, decorated with more Perhaps BG paper and created slides. The inserts between the slides are two layers of vellum, a flower stamped on each one to give a soft background.


Here's a view of the inside of the mailer:


I was really happy with how this completed... it all just fit.

And I'm in love with this set! Keep your eyes open with the other CHF team's preview the next few days.
Thanks for stopping by,

Lisa
--------------------------------------
Supplies:

Paper: Cryogen white shimmery paper by CutCardStock.com, Prism Sunflowers Dark paper, Basic Grey Perhaps designer paper and vellum cardstock

Stamps: Silhouette Blooms I

Inks: Adirondack inks in Butterscotch, Raisin, Oregano and Pitch Black

Accessories: Scallop and Classic Rectangle Nestabilities from Ellen Hutson LLC, gold cord, brads, ivory organdy ribbon, hat pin

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is breathtaking Lisa!!!!! I *love* it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...I can't wait to get this set... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created such a beautiful set here Lisa - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete