Sunday, October 7, 2007

I'm Home!

Hi everyone!
I've been MIA so long, it seems. I returned from my business trip in Milan and have spent much of the weekend catching up on things around the house (laundry, dusting...), some stamping, and much needed sleep. I averaged 18 hour work days. Brutal. My feet were killing me from the long hours in dress shoes on a convention hall floor - basically concrete.

But, it wasn't all work. We had customer events that we attended. Long, leisurely dinners that were purely wonderful. I did have some meetings canceled on the first day I arrived and had time to shop downtown in the Milan city center. That was FUN!

A couple pictures...

This first one is of the cathedral of Milan (also known as the Duomo di Milano). It's construction began in 1386 and is a stunning example of detailed architecture. I was in awe standing next to it! I believe you can climb to the top and stand on the roof of the building to see the stunning views. I didn't have time (or the energy, quite frankly). I understand you can see the Alps on a clear day.
And this picture... yes... it's Prada, ladies. It's a bit of modern in the midst of history. I went in, because one has to say they shopped at Prada in Milan, right? And was amazed at the prices. A very small clutch was Euro 600!!! Brutal!!! The only shopping I could afford in Milan was window shopping. LOL!

So, now that I'm home, I'll be posting project pictures again. I've been creating a bit this weekend and will have something to share soon.

Thanks!

Lisa

BTW - I hope you had a great time on the CHF Treasure hunt! Aren't the new sets amazing? I'll post links tomorrow to the new sets. And there's more to come.

The winner for my mini treasure was:

Love your card & the stamp set!! The stamps
are super cute!! Having a blast on the treasure hunt!

Smiles!

Heidi

Heidi, you'll be contacted by the team with details on how to collect your Summer Fun.

Thanks everyone!

Lisa

2 comments: