Thursday, July 5, 2007

Stitched Petals

Hi! This will be my last card post for awhile. My family and I are making our annual trek south to Florida tomorrow! I'm really excited about it. The packing process is exhausting though. Usually, I don't mind... and look forward to the weeks of planning and anticipation. This year, I just want to be there. I guess it doesn't help that I have to travel to Europe for work the week I return. I'm tired thinking of it.



But, I made a couple of cards when I should have been packing yesterday. This card was really fun, using the new Pick A Petal stamp set by SU. I used the new Groovy Guava (In Color '08) as the card base, Blush Blossom for the center matte (with Canvas BG stamped on it). I used the Groovy Guava and Really Rust for the petals. I faux stitched the edge and marked with a chocolate chip marker. The stem is faux stitched with always artichoke and a mellow moss ribbon knot for the leaves.

It's a relatively simple card, but I love the warm colors of Blush Blossom and the Groovy Guava together.

Thanks for looking!
Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Great card! Have fun in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowee!! I love this card in these colors!! So fresh and clean! Great job, and now I see you are taking a well deserved vacation!! Have a super time! Enjoy Europe, wish I could join ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful, enjoy your vacation in Florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the color!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your faux stitching looks real, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. I like the colors you chose quite a bit -- why don't I ever think of those?
    Good inspiration....

    ReplyDelete