Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Simply Lovely

I am truly a huge fan of Gina K Designs. I'd bought this stamp from her and had yet to ink it (I know... bad). So today, when I should have been packing and getting things ready for vacation, I took a minute in the madness to make a couple cards.

This card is simple. The base is Bashful Blue cardstock (4" square card). The central matte is in Barely Banana (with Weathered background used) and the Image matte in So Saffron. The inspiration for the color combo... well... it's pretty simple too. I have been wanting Copic markers since reading about their versatility and amazing attributes on Splitcoast. I have bought a total of 6... a light yellow, pale blue, cool grey and green being some of them. Basically, I picked the matching paper so I could use them. LOL! I'd give my eye teeth to have the full sets, but I don't have the moola it would set me back. Maybe someday... unless anyone knows of a fairy stamp-god-mother handing them out???? No... OK. I'll just have to keep my day job.

I did take someone's advice on the white cardstock and bought a pack of Georgia Pacific 110lb cardstock from Walmart. It really is very amazing for the Copics, for layering the colors. I didn't have any luck with the other ultrasmooth stocks I had around the house. Even with that said, I don't have enough practice with the Copics to know if I'll be a whiz at them or not, but as far as a first attempt goes, I'm really happy with the outcome.


These daffodils are truly lovely, aren't they?

Thanks for looking. Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Lisa

1 comment: