Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Easy Elegance Challenge

Here's another card that I made for SCS Dirty Dare '07. The challenge was to make an Elegant card and in the description of the card explain what it is about the card that makes it elegant.


This is the card I created:


Supplies: Cardstock: Sahara sand card base,
Georgia Pacific White cardstock, Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac; Stamps: Victorian Pattern backgrounder and Blooming Violas
(Asela Hopkins Design) by Cornish Heritage Farm - both unmounted; Ink: Sahara sand, Brilliance Graphite Black; Accessories:
White grosgrain ribbon, Almost
Amethyst, Certainly Celery and YoYo Yellow SU markers, Gamsol, blending
stump, and colored pencils

So, why do I think this is elegant? The central image is the star attraction. There aren't a ton of accessories cluttering the image. It's just the flowers, their color, and the pop of the muted purples against a simple background that makes it elegant... to me.

There were plenty of other definitions to elegant, ranging from tone on tone or monochromatic to embellished with old world charm. I don't think any one definition is right or wrong... and that's what makes creating / stamping so much fun. It's open to interpretation. A blank page, an uninked stamp... the possibilities are endless!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa

4 comments:

  1. You nailed it, what a lovey elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! with my blogging today I've seen many simple cards... and I love it. I really like the simple lines. It makes your image really stand out. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo pretty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete