Sunday, May 20, 2007

Birthday card camp

Today, I got together with my stamping group for our monthly technique class. All the cards were also birthday cards... very vital for me since I have a really busy birthday month in June (4 big birthdays)... sheesh!!

The technique used for this card is Reverse masking. In the normal technique, the frame is stamped on the cardstock and also on copy paper. The center of the frame is removed from the copy paper and placed directly over the cardstock, masking the edges of the frame. Because we doodled the frame (and we watercolored the doodled flowers with reinkers), we added the frame after stamping. It still worked great.

The color combo is bold... bordering blue, real red and certainly celery. I think the doodled card turned out really fun! I can't wait to give this to someone!

Thanks,
Lisa

2 comments: