Monday, April 2, 2007

Such a bad blogger lately!!!



Not to make excuses, but I had been VERY sick. Pneumonia is not fun. I was seriously tired of coughing. I knew something had to be wrong though. I didn't even want to stamp! Oh horrors!




So... to catch up a bit... I have a couple cards that we recently made in my March stamp camp that I think are pretty cute. I'll update more tomorrow about a recent ATC swap and a few more that I made to round out my technique collection.




This card is so simple, but I really love the crayon resist technique. Rose red is an all-time favorite color of mine. Black just seemed like a natural addition. With the white crayon on the main image, it seemed like a natural effect to add white gel on the main sentiment. I think it works pretty well.


Supplies: Stamps: Cross-hatch BG, All Natural, Fancy Flexible Phrases; Cardstock: Rose Red, Black, Barely Banana, Glossy cardstock, natural tag sheet; Ink: Rose Red, Black Stazon, Garden green, barely banana; Embellishments: Grosgrain ribbon, silver cord, white gel pen.





So... our other camp card was an "office" themed card. It's all the rage right now, isn't it? Well... I thought this was a fun card and perfect for a young person.
With the new punches from the SU mini catalog and the "Stamp of Authenticity" set, this card was really easy and super cute. I thought it would be great to add someone's name (hand-written) - the recipient, of course - as a personal touch. And the metal binder clips are an inexpensive embellishment! I just had to remember to put the "Made in China" etching on the back side / glue side of the image! LOL!
Supplies: Stamps: Cross-hatch BG, Warm Words, Stamp of Authenticity, It's Your Birthday; Cardstock: Naturals white, gable green, bashful blue, apricot appeal,; Ink: Black, brilliant blue, gable green; Embellishments: spiral punch, tab punch, binder clip, grosgrain ribbon.
I'll update more tomorrow with the ATC cards... super fun and addicting, aren't they?!?!?!
Thanks!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment